Thanks to our brilliant daughter Cassie we were able to go out to eat for dinner on Tues. at Cafe Rio. Cassie earned some free dinner cards from school. We had a neighbor kid with us that night as well. Julie and I switched vehicles after we ate because it was date night for Julie and Sydney.
On Wed. the big event in the evening was Fugitive for YM/YW. We dropped our youth off at a bldg. not too far from ours and gave them a head start to get to our bldg. without being detected. I think the youth did pretty good at this game. I only caught a couple of them this year. In the past I caught many more.
Thursday, while I was hoping that Julie wasn't going to have to work, she had to work. McKay an I went up with our scooters to a rock pile we had been up to on Wed. night. We were shooting McKay's air rocket off at the park in the Ivory homes neighborhood. McKay was interested in making sparks with the rock in the rock pile. We couldn't get any rocks to spark so we instead road our scooters in the Stk. Center parking lot.

3 comments:
how is this fugitive game played? I would love a new idea for our YM/YW group.
Ok, here's a link to Wikipedia's definition of the game, to give you an idea of the game. Basically the youth try to get from point A to point B without being spotted/caught. We modified the rules a bit from Wikipedia's definition. When we drop the youth off at the starting point we wait for five minutes, then the youth leaders drive around looking for the youth. The leaders must call out the youth by their first names and can only capture two at a time. When a youth is captured the leader must take the youth to our building and drop them off before they can capture any new youth. The calling out with the first name is good so all the leaders get to know the youth by their first names. We tell the youth they cannot trespass, cut through yards, call for rides, hide inside homes, etc. Basically they need to take the roads and the paths that are from the one church bldg. to the other. We include all YM and YW. (all ages) We also set a time limit that the youth have to be to the destination by. If they are not at the destination and time has expired stand on a street where they can be found easily by a leader.
Post a Comment