On the left is the wild sweat pea on the right I think it is Larkspur I believe.
On the left we have Red Penstemon and on the right a Mountain Bluebell and I believe Yellow Wallflower.
Here's a picture from on top of Baldy. Going out to the summit of Baldy was about an extra 1/2 mile. It was worth it going out there on the peak. While we were on top of the Baldy summit one of the leaders called his dad and he flashed a mirror at us, which was really cool. I called my home to see if my daughters would do the same, but they didn't want to. Here's a picture of BattleCreek as we were coming down the trail


Here's a picture of the upper BattleCreek falls and then the lower falls. While we walked past the falls there was a group of climbers rappelling down the falls.
Even though the hike took six hours and we probably hiked six miles it was worth it. On the hike up we had to practice a lot of patience as some of the young men had a tough time hiking uphill.
Even though the hike took six hours and we probably hiked six miles it was worth it. On the hike up we had to practice a lot of patience as some of the young men had a tough time hiking uphill.









4 comments:
So it's been awhile since I've looked at yours... and i have to ask, WHOSE foot is that with the gigantic bump on the ankle, and what caused it?!
Ok, I see that my notes were lost there on those pictures of my cousin Mike. I re-added the notes, "Here's a picture of my cousin Mike. We were playing BOMB and while he was going for the ball he re-twisted his ankle. It's an old injury. I took a picture of my cousin Mike's ankle as well it looks pretty bad."
Thanks for pointing that out. BTW...I love the format of your blog.
Wow! That looks fun - nice that it's so close to home! So, when are you guys hiking havasupai? And did you ever do anything with the Durango?
We are trying to do Scout outings a lot closer to home now since there is an added cost for gas. We were going to try and do the Subway in Zion as well as Havasupai this summer but we are only going to do Havasupai.
We are still trying to decide what we are going to do with the Durango. Trade-in is something I am going to be fond of. So, if we sell we'll probably do a for sale by owner.
For work I'm trying to organize a Van Pool for commuting to and from work. If this gets established it will free up a vehicle for the girls and possible allow one of the vehicles to go to Rexburg.
Post a Comment