Monday, June 09, 2008

Our All-American Girl




Lyrics | All-American Girl lyrics

I first hear this song in January while I was preparing to help with my brother and sister-in-law's big clogging event at Thanksgiving Point which was in February. I shared my newly discovered song with Justine, she's a good sounding board for music and if it will fit for the competition. She said that the lyrics were clean and it would fit. I loved this song for another reason it reminded me of Justine. I remember playing the song at the competition, while Justine sat by me. I get kind of emotional at times and this was one of them. I was thinking of how not too long ago we had our first child, Justine. Now she's all grown up getting close to leaving our home to go off to college. This song reminds me of Justine and how's she's my All-American girl. I remember when she looked at me when I played this song at the competition, I was a little teary eyed, and she started laughing at me. I told her my allergies were bothering me from the dust of the stage, she said something like ya, right. She knew it was me getting all emotional. Well I've added this song to my 100 song playlist, so if you come to this website, like I do, just to play the playlist you'll hear Carrie Underwood's song in the rotation. I guess all this came back to me as I Justine was gone last week and we missed her. She went with Greg and Maria to the funnest place on earth, Disneyland. She was performing with her clogging studio last week.

No comments: