

I went to Carmax to see what they would offer me for my 2000 Durango. My daughters have been hounding me to get a smaller vehicle for them to drive. I was disheartened, but not too surprised when they came back to me with their offer of $4000. The cost gas has driven down the popularity of SUV's. If you plan on going to get your vehicle appraised at Carmax, set an appt. and plan for an hour wait. I set an appt. and it took about 1 hour for the offer to come.


When I got home on Saturday Cassie, Hannah, Missy, Maddy and McKay were finger painting. Hannah had just mixed a few colors together and someone said the color looked like what you find in a baby's diaper. Ewe...yuck! I know tmi as my children would say. After observing this I promptly went out back and helped a neighbor mulch a tremendous amount of wood. The neighbor was delighted to have the help and said this is like an old fashioned barn raising.

2 comments:
Wow, so what are you doing to do with the Durango?
We once used Carmax, and then ended up selling on our own and getting more for it... but you never know!
We were thinking of replacing the Durango with a small commuter car. I was not impressed with my Carmax experience. I was told by a neighbor that the trade-in value would be $2000 - $2500 below what the dealer believes they could sell the vehicle for. So, if we do end up selling the Durango we'll sell it on our own. It's challenging now that we will be sending a daughter off to school, what to do for her.
Post a Comment