

We went over to Oma's and Grandpa's to celebrate Father's day. My father-in-law barbequed some tri-tip steaks with some Schneider's seasoning. I haven't ever tried that type seasoning before, but it was good. I usually use the Montreal Steak seasoning. The steak was good, I had more than one. Along with the tri-tip we had baked potatoes, green salad, watermelon, bow-tie pasta salad and some of Julie's famous homemade rolls. I believe these are the Lion House recipe?! Any way the rolls are my brother-in-laws favorite. Now for dessert you can see some of the chocolate cake that Oma made. She put a layer of vanilla ice cream in the middle of it. You can see that Bailey and Garrett don't need to be forced to eat the chocolate cake. Also, Julie made some Angel food cake and put rasberry and peach sherbet layers in it.
We spent a little time on the front porch picking out some roses. Hannah thought it was hot, which it was and McKay was looking closely at the roses because someone said they saw a snail.
Cassie and Justine gave me a hug. I thought I'd make a funny face. I got Oma and Grandpa to pose so I could take their picture.
Justine and Sydney popped of a few shots of themselves, I liked this one the best. My favorite picture that was taken on Sunday was this one of Cassie. We did a lot of visiting on Sunday. On Sunday evening when we finally got the kids to go to into their beds. I started to watch the series on John Adams, the HBO series. (Based on the books by David McCullough.)
James Agee
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.
The Lord hath wrought great glory by them through
his great power from the beginning.
There be of them, that have left a name behind them,
that their praises might be reported.
And some there be which have no memorial; who perished,
as though they had never been born; and are become as
though they had never been born; and their children after them.
But these were merciful men, whose righteousness hath not been forgotten.
With their seed shall continually remain a good inheritance,
and their children are within the covenant.
Their seed standeth fast, and their children for their sakes.
Their seed shall remain forever, and their glory shall not be blotted out.
Their bodies are buried in peace; but their name liveth
for evermore.







2 comments:
You got some good pics... especially like your funny face one.
Hannah I believe took most all of the pictures on Sunday, I was feeling goofy at the time, what can I say.
Post a Comment