Friday, May 09, 2008

I Think Spring Is Finally Here!
In the morning, when I go out to feed the chickens and the cats, I love to hear the song of the Black-capped chickadees. You can listen to the song of the chickadee here if you like. Go to the section called vocalization. There are lots and lots of bird sounds early in the morning but the sound of the chickadee is distinct and stands out from the rest.

"When piped a tiny voice hard by,
Gay and polite, a cheerful cry,
Chic-chic-a-dee-dee! saucy note
Out of sound heart and merry throat."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Maria said...

The other day I actually stopped in my tracks outside and thought, "Do I really hear birds?!" I keep waiting for Spring to REALLY come, and I think we're getting pretty close!

Jamie and Julie said...

You'd think our backyard was an aviary as there are many birds chirping early in the morning.