Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dry Canyon, Alpine Utah


On Friday the 16th, Troop 25, of Lindon, Utah started out their overnighter at the mouth of Dry Creek Canyon, just above Alpine, Utah. In the first picture you see Scoutmaster Jim Peters with Jordan, Travis, Ethan and Weston. You see me in the second photo. What was I thinking wearing a black shirt. Sure it was a dry wicking shirt but still, I digress.




This is what the beginning of the trail head looked like. Here's a tree that looks like it growning right out of a rock. The scouts were happy to take the break.


I got up early Saturday morning to see the water run-off in Dry Creek. The creek was not so dry. Moments before I took this picture a black bear ran behind me and up the mountain.
It was the closest I've been to a bear in the wild.



Early in the morning we hiked up to the falls on Dry Creek. You can see how excited Ethan, Travis, Weston and Jordan were when we finally reached the falls. The scouts were pretty tired after we (the Scoutmasters) beat them in Ultimate Frisbee the night before.

I took a picture on the trail as we were heading out early in the morning. You can see civilization in the distance (Alpine, Utah). This was the first required hike we had for our Scouts. We are planning on going to Havasupai, later this summer for our super activity. There are some wonderful water falls at Havasu Falls. To learn more about this area, go here.

No comments: