Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pioneer Day Redux

On Pioneer Day we were invited over to celebrate the day with our good friends Don and Natalie Harris. The Kohlert family was there to help celebrate also, Natalie's nieces Elle and Haven were there. Natalie and Don are such good hosts we were kept busy the whole time we were over. Natalie is a great blogger and always has uplifting thoughts about life. After we BBQ'd hamburgers and ate we played some table games and water games. I was playing with the little kids while the big people were playing Nertz. I had fun playing with Elle in the basement she's such a little cutie. Sam was in the basement too with his good friend Paul Hatch, who I call the Hatchman. I forgot to mention that Natalie has a parachute, wish I would have taken some pictures of the parachute activities we were doing. It's a bummer that Julie had to work this night. I ended up staying out late with the kids until about 10:40 pm. After played games for a while we went over to another neighbor's home to enjoy some classic rock. This neighbor who just moved in is not only a friendly host but a talented drummer in a band. The band played songs from the 60's and 70's that were popular before the electronic age of music hit the airwaves. I especially liked their rendition of "Rocky Mountain Way" originally done by Joe Walsh (one of the founders of the Eagles). Here are some pictures from the open air concert.

Here are some shots of the band. The drummer is our new neighbor, Michael Berrett, who invited the neighborhood to enjoy his backyard and his band.


If you look at the picture on the left you can see the Kohlerts and Natalie. On the right I took a picture to give you an idea of how many people came to see the band and to the enjoy the gathering.


Here's another shot of the band with the Berrett's home in the background. I took a picture of the Berrett's youngest daughter Raquel. She shares Justine's and Hannah's love of clogging.


During part of the concert I was hanging out with Justine's friends. To the left are Skyler, McKell and Kenna.


At the party was the daughter of our old next door neighbor Megan Knorr she's the blond girl on the right in the picture on the left. Megan is still a good friend of our daughter Cassie. In the picture on the right Justine and McKell are being funny.

Justine's friend took a pictures of me and on the right we headed back to the Harris home for a impromptu sponge water fight.

McKay and Hannah are patiently waiting to get their turn at hitting the pinata. On the right is a picture of McKay having a wack at the pinata.

On the left is a picture if Tyler Kohlert and on the right is picture of Tyler's sister Stephanie hitting the pinata.

After doing the flags with the Scouts, McKay's night of nirvana finally came, we were doing fireworks. I didn't get any pictures of the mortar shell fireworks we sent high into the sky, I did take a few pictures of the fireworks.

Here's the coolest picture of the fireworks that I took. Our 24th was busy, hope you all had a memorable day as we were able to enjoy.

No comments: