Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Alice In Wonderland - Lehi Parade

My sister-in-law and brother have some mad skillz in creating floats. The city of Lehi invited their neighborhood to be part of the Lehi parade. So they were part of the small floats in the parade which was for the children. They tell me that the whole was crazy, and that they didn't know the first thing in making a float. They made a wonderful float though. It took 2 1/2 months and a lot of work. It was a neighborhood project but it ended up being my brother Scott's, his wife Claudia and their kids making it. A few other people helped her and there. They won the Children's Favorite Award!!! I could see why because they did such a great job with the float and the costumes. Looking back they say, "I can say, Hey, I made a float once and walked in a parade!"

What a wonderfully done float catching the bright and delightful colors of the animated Disney Alice In Wonderland.

Someone spent a lot of time making those outstanding costumes. I especially like Alice (Madison) and the Queen of Hearts (Chantel). Tweetle-Dee and Tweetle Dum (Ashlyn and Meikela) and King of Spades (Eden) look cool too.

In the second picture you can see my brother Scott making sure everything is ready to go on the float.

2 comments:

Natalie Harris said...

Okay jamie...what's up? You've been HOME a few days now and life is HARD over here and I NEED SOMETHING on YOUR Blog when I go there! Geez...you think this blog is just for you? You've got PEOPLE counting on it....
N

Jamie and Julie said...

I've been doing some catch-up on home honey-do projects since I got home. I've got some time today, thanks for checking up on our blog. I've got some good shots of Sam I'll be including on the blog.