Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mission Call - Josh Harris


Our good friends Natalie and Don 2nd oldest son got his mission call yesterday. We were called to participate in this wonderful event last night. We got over to the Harris Haven just before 9pm and witnessed Josh opening his letter to server in the Kenya, Nairobi Mission. It was exciting speculating where Josh might go. I thought he would go Spanish speaking like his father. I was way off. To watch a video of Josh opening his letter, go to his older sister Megan's blog here. To read about his mom's feeling go here. I've never been to the African Continent, perhaps my brother-in-law Rob who's been everywhere can comment and tell us about Kenya. His mission includes Tanzania, Mt. Killimanjaro, probably Lake Victoria too. Here's a link to the Kenya Nairobi mission.

I thought I'd include an humorous email that I received about LDS missionaries with this entry:


Resourceful

Two LDS missionaries were visiting homebound patients when they ran out
of gas. As luck would have it, a gas station was just a block away.

The two walked to the station to borrow a gas can and buy some gas. The
attendant said that the only gas can he owned had been lent out, but
they could wait until it was returned.

Since young men were on the way to see a patient, they decided not to
wait and walked back to the car. They looked for something in the car
that could be filled with gas and spotted the bedpan they were taking to
the patient.

Always resourceful, they carried the bedpan to the station, filled it
with gas, and carried the full bedpan back to the car.

While the missionaries were pouring the gas into the tank, two men
watched from across the street. One of the them turned to the other and
said, "If it starts, I'm turning Mormon."

No comments: