Monday, July 21, 2008

Ode To Joy


This morning when I was out early to feed our cats and our chickens I felt renewed. There was a light rain coming down. That's a huge blessing since I can't remember when we had rain last where we live. It felt cooler outside, we have had weather in the 100s for a number of days, it was nice having a break in the weather. Then there is a tree in our backyard that lets of the sweetest smell. I believe the tree is from Japan. The hummingbirds really like this tree, so it must not only smell sweet it must be sweet as well.

I'd thought I'd include this video clip of Beethoven's "Ode To Joy". Hope you find joy today and that you enjoy the muppets sense of humor as much as I do.

4 comments:

Natalie Harris said...

Geez...you always find the BEST stuff!!!
N

Jamie and Julie said...

Thanks! What I couldn't express in words, I thought Beaker could express with music.

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about the rooster... great Beaker clip though!

Jamie and Julie said...

Losing the rooster brought tears to Cassie's eyes. I felt really bad. Last night, or early this morning Rob said he knows where to take pets now if they need to be taken care of.