Friday, December 05, 2008

Night Arrest at Walker's Gas Station



When my daughter asked if I would go fill up the car that she drives at 10:30 pm the other night I didn't think I was going to be a bystander in a big arrest. I was at the Walker's gas station near where I live and this blue car, some sort of rice burner tricked out after the fashion of cars seen in the drift movies. i.e. has an exhaust system that makes the little engine sound like a beefier engine. Well, while I was pumping gas this blue car pulls into the last parking slot in from the the store. Just as the car parked a police care whips around from the back of Walker's and a black police SUV and a black police truck box this car in. They all had their lights on and promptly hopped out of their vehicles yelling for the occupants to put their hands where they can be seen. Also, they yell to the occupants to get out of the car and lie down on the ground with their hands behind their heads. I don't see this kind of thing where I live. Usually the only crime around is speeding on the road Locust Ave. which is near our home. I'm glad no shots were fired. There were four young men in this car, maybe one was a young woman, but they all looked like they were getting arrested.

No comments: