Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why The Blog URL change?

Well, I thought previous URL was not very interesting. I picked "The Haggis Is In The Fire" on three levels where it appealed to me.
  1. 1. I'm a geek and watched Star Trek growing up and one of my favorite phrases was from Scotty when he said, "The Haggis is in the fire now".
2. I went to Scotland on my mission so some Scottish reference is good.

3. I have Scottish heritage so it appeals to me in that regard as well.

This month we are having YM/YW's missionary month and we are hosting two missionaries, who were called to the Scotland, Edinburgh. That might have caused Bonnie Scotland to be on my brain.

3 comments:

Maria said...

So the question is, do you actually like haggis?!

Jamie and Julie said...

I actually do like haggis. It's not that good for you though. Think of deep fat fried sausage, that's what I remember from haggis.

Maria said...

I just remember how Mike Myers is pretty grossed out about it in "So I Married an Axe Murderer"... that's about all the exposure I have to it!