Saturday, April 05, 2008

Behold, I stand at the door and knock

The bishop with one of his counselor's was visiting the homes of his ward members. At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door.

Therefore, he took out a tithing envelope and wrote “Revelation 3:20″ on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the tithes and offerings were processed the following Sunday, his financial clerk found a tithing envelope, marked, for the bishop's eyes only. The bishop found that his tithing envelope had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, “Genesis 3:10.”

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke out in laughter. Revelation 3:20 begins “Behold, I stand at the door and knock.” Genesis 3:10 reads, “I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid for I was naked.”

“A cheerful heart is good medicine” (Prov. 17:22)

No comments: