Recently I posted about a Scout campout we took at Camp Floyd. Well I finally downloaded the pictures I took on that campout from my digital camera. In the middle of the State Park there is this great grand tree that reminded me of the womping willow in the Harry Potter book series. I thought this tree looked so large and grand. If it could tell us its history what stories would it tell. This tree was on the pony express trail and across the street from Camp Floyd that housed approx. 4,000 US troops before the Civil War. One of the Scouts (not one of ours) started to try to climb the tree, but was soon stopped by the camp director. He was told that this is an old tree and not to harm it. After this incident I went over to the tree and found this plate on the side of the tree. If you zoom in onto the picture below you will see that this tree was planted in 1858. I'm impressed that this tree survived so long in an area where there is not much wood.
I came across this quote today, "the world as we know it, springs from our own souls". We determine our world, those things that happen around us, from how we think and feel in our souls. I am hoping that my soul is reflecting a life of good. Does my soul attract or repel? Do I share my soul enough? What more are the possibilities waiting to come? This quote inspired me I hope it inspires you too!











No comments:
Post a Comment