Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fast Food in Beijing - Scorpion Kebab anyone?

Found this article - Scorpion kebab, anyone? It's fast food Beijing style.... But will any Olympic visitors have the stomach for it?

There is a Cantonese saying that the Chinese eat everything that flies, except aeroplanes; everything with four legs, except tables; and everything that swims, except submarines - and visitors to Beijing's fast-food market during the Olympic Games will be left in no doubt of that.
A stroll among the food stalls of Wangfujing Snack Street, not far from Tiananmen Square, reveals delicacies of every conceivable kind.












To read the complete article go here




4 comments:

Britta said...

Blech! I'm glad I ate dinner before reading this blog. That's crazy! How much meat is on a seahorse anyway?

Jamie and Julie said...

I'd like to know who was the first person to try something like seahorses, cockroaches or dung beetles and say hey that tastes good. Maybe they thought since we didn't die we can eat it again.

BTW...didn't know you had a blog, I just am going to add Curly Squared so we can keep up-to-date on you all.

Cresta said...

All I have to say is WHY? Who really eats that stuff?

Jamie and Julie said...

I'm sure Rob has some stories to tell of what he ate in the Far East. I know he's had fresh Yak milk, unfiltered with hair and all.