Monday, October 13, 2008

How Do You Wake Up In The Morning?



What is it that gets you up in the morning? My son has started waking me up in a different way. On Saturday morning, when the alarm went off at 5:45 am, I asked Julie to shut it off, as it's on her side of the bed. I thought hey it's Saturday and I can sleep in. At 5:45 it's still dark in our room so the light of the sun will not keep me awake.

Well, on Friday night I stayed up until midnight so I could be up when our daughters got home from their evenings activities. We would know that they got home and everything is okay. Sometimes they like to talk at this time of the night so you might find something out that you normally would not hear during the day. So on Saturday morning at 5:45 am I was a bit more tired than normal. On Saturday morning at about 7 am I was abrubtly awoken when our son hit both hands on the bed next to my head at a high rate of speed. My face was near the edge of the bed and my son's action worked well at waking me up. This is the second time he has got me to wake up in this manner.

I'm not sure where he got this idea?! He might have got it from me playing a game with him (as I have done with all of our daughters when they were young) when they are in bed about to go to sleep. I play a game called Timber! I pretend I am tree falling onto them in their bed. Just as I am about hit them, while falling over I hit both arms on either side of them and say Timber! Usually this game of Timber doesn't help them to get more tired for sleeping.



Robert Louis Stevenson

A Good Boy

I woke before the morning, I was happy all the day,
I never said an ugly word, but smiled and stuck to play.

And now at last the sun is going down behind the wood,
And I am very happy, for I know that I’ve been good.

My bed is waiting cool and fresh, with linen smooth and fair,
And I must off to sleepsin-by, and not forget my prayer.

I know that, till to-morrow I shall see the sun arise,
No ugly dream shall fright my mind, no ugly sight my eyes.

But slumber hold me tightly till I waken in the dawn,
And hear the thrushes singing in the lilacs round the lawn.

>Thought I'd share a poem from one of my favorite authors when I was younger.

No comments: