I received the enclosed attachment from my Uncle and thought I'd pass it on. Many of us have suffered through some tough renditions of "Taps" over the years by well-meaning but not always highly-talented buglers. The young lady in this attachment plays the Taps derivative piece, "II Silenzio"(moment of silence), beautifully. Some of you will recognize Andre Rieu as the orchestra leader and I suspect the concert was in Holland, his homeland. Music can touch even the hardest of hearts and bring us all closer together.
"Mea the best ye've ever seen be the worst ye'll ever see"
(An auld Scottish Toast)
“Do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle.” ~ President Thomas S. Monson, Sept. 2007 General Relief Society Meeting
DIY Paper Spinner for Endless Fun
-
Hi! I’m kimbo from a girl and a glue gun, guest posting today on Make and
Takes. Keep kids entertained all summer with this super simple DIY paper
spinne...
Hello world!
-
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then
start writing!
The post Hello world! appeared first on crittergee.
August 25, 2017
-
It's been a year.
Hello NEW NATALIE.
I am laughing. NEW NATALIE?? I see maybe I'm not so NEW after all--as I
read thru my last post. Fear. And wanting to...
Felt Heart Flowers
-
Find out how to make these lovely felt heart flowers at The Magic Onions
that are perfect for Valentine's Day but you'll want to keep them out all
year long.
Flashback: When in Rome...
-
Today is one of the busiest days of the year on the highway outside our
front door. A year ago, Scott and I surprisingly found ourselves
participating in t...
Ponderings
-
Things happening in my Friends lives right now:
- one is adopting
- one just lost her Mother to cancer
- one is traveling like crazy with free flight benef...
Little Monkey
-
The most recent general conference of the Church was held a couple of weeks
ago. The weekend before that, the Church also held the first-ever women's
meeti...
October 2013 :)
-
October started off busy!!! Who am I kidding? Every month starts off busy
LOLOL But - we were frantically trying to get J ready to head off to
Ukraine on h...
Baby Steffan is here!
-
Steffan Lees Green joined our family at 1:29am, Wed 11/23/2011. He was a
little early at 37 1/2 weeks but still just as big as the other two boys
weighin...
Cooking Up a Brainstorm
-
Mothering involves a tremendous knowledge of a variety subjects. Today it
was cooking. Probably because D3 was feeling hungry.
"What do you make when you m...
Clara Avery Richards
-
O.K. So our new addition is almost five weeks old now, and the only reason
I am taking up my precious time to do this is for all my great and
wonderful fam...
She Has Arrived!
-
Morgan Jo Stone is here and as cute as ever! She is a dainty little thing
and simply ADORABLE! She was born at 1:23 am June 25, 2009 7lbs 3 oz and 18
in. E...
My Best Friends are Nurses...?
-
Okay, I promise, we really are getting close. (That's what I tell myself a
million times a day!) I've been admitted to the hospital two more times in
the l...
Cover vs. Atonement
-
So, last night, I attended a fireside that was given by John Bytheway (JB).
He is the MAN! Of course, normally when you think about John Bytheway, you
thin...
The reference, "I want to ride to the ridge where the West commences", is from an old Cole Porter song, that was re-done by David Byrne (ex-Talking Friends front man). We love to go horse back riding and this song appeals to that.
3 comments:
if you send me your email address i will add you to our blog. we just made it private. email: thumpherys@gmail.com.
thanks! :)
So... I guess you've given up on the blog for awhile??!
Maria, because of lack of feedback on the blog I moved my energy to Facebook. I just made my first entry in a long while today, hope it is enjoyed.
Post a Comment