This is a picture of McKay doing some covert operation before we went out trick or treating. He was dressed up as an army guy. We have some friends that charge a tax on their candy. So they pick our what they want and call it a tax.
I was able to get Cassie to sit still just for a moment before she went off with her friend to trick or treat together. We have another friend that let's there kids pick out 10 pieces of candy a week. The do this until the candy is gone.
This is how I dressed for Halloween last night. We have our children get all of their candy out and we sort through it with them to make sure it is all good. After that, I let them know that I would like any candy with coconut or any dark chocolate candy that they do not like. I ate a few almond joys and mounds last night.Where we used to live we would go through so many bags of candy that we would end up raiding our children's candy to meet the demand. This year we bought some candy to hand out at a special trick or treating they have for the workers children at our work. I had a lot left over from that experience. Usually I would run out, but I work in a different spot this year, which I call "Middle Earth" where I think people have to go out of their way to find my office. Then we had a good supply for our home and we didn't seem to get that many trick or treaters last night even though we were handing out the candy by the handful.
I've heard of another parent that takes all the children's candy and then rewards their children if they eat a good supper. Just wondering what you do?

2 comments:
Free reign until tomorrow when it goes into a "special treat" bowl and slowly dissapears (Garbage? maybe. mom's sweet tooth? most likely.) Not sure how long this will last until the kids form a mutiny and demand *their* candy back...we'll see.
My parents used to pay us by the pound for giving them the candy. I think we got a dollar a pound. So we could pick out what we wanted, then however much we gave to our mom (ultimately the garbage) we would get a dollar per pound. Of course that is based on 1980s economy. Inflation would probably raise the price.
My sister-in-law has a fun idea, but this only really works with small children. Halloween night, the kids pick out 10-20 pieces of candy to keep (depending on their age). The rest of the candy they leave outside their bedroom door and the "candy fairy" takes it and leaves a toy outside their door.
Post a Comment